Create custom black Roman shades with a selection of textures, patterns, and sizes.
Order free samples today! Get free shipping, free expert advice, huge discounts, & more!
Or buy a functional black Roman shade in plain classic style for light control and privacy from our custom selection for as low as $186.16 for a 61” x 48” (w x h) window!
These window treatments are an affordable, durable, and easy-to-install option for your modern homes.
What are Roman Shades?
Roman shades are a type of window shade made from soft fabric, which can fold into themselves when raised and uncurl in an attractive cascading motion when lowered. When mounted inside the window frame, they deliver the soft, elegant, tailored look of a drapery.
Various styles of Roman shades vary in their functionality, with some being more decoratively appealing and others being easier to use.
White, black, blue, red, and gray are popular colors choices for Roman shades.
Benefits of Black Color for Roman Shades?
Black color is a popular choice for your blackout Roman shades. Here are some of the advantages of choosing black color for your Roman classic window coverings.
Add Bold, Dark Element to Your Window Covers: If you are looking for a bold, dark element for your window treatments, buy black-colord Roman shades.
Extra Layer of Design Finesse: Make your space more visually appealing.
Symbol of Power & Elegance: Exuding exquisite black shine, black Roman shades symbolize power, elegance, and sophistication.
Safety and Protection: Black-colored roman window covers evoke a feeling of safety and protection. So, when installed on the windows of your home, office, or other space, they’ll offer aesthetic, functional, and emotional benefits.
Completely Block Out Light: Black color can help your window treatments completely block out light and create a nightfall or night-like environment.
Keep a Warm Atmosphere: These also help you to keep a warm atmosphere in your room, as black shades can absorb all wavelengths of light and convert them into heat.
Different Styles & Models of Black Roman Shades
Blackout Black Roman Shades for Bedroom
They are a perfect choice for a home theater, bedroom or a room for day sleepers. Additionally, black is a versatile color that can match a wide range of decor styles, from modern and minimalist to traditional and ornate.
Cordless Black Roman Shades for Kids Rooms
As cordless blinds do not involve any corded lift mechanism, they provide an excellent safety option for kids’ rooms or nurseries. Also, cordless window treatments offer an ease of operation, i.e., they can be raised, lowered, or adjusted for slats quite conveniently.
Also, there are multiple choices for the cordless mechanism, i.e., top-down, bottom-up, motorization, and a smart lift. Smart lift mechanism can allow you to operate your window covers with the help of a tap on your smartphone’s touch screen or your voice command.
Black Cotton Roman Shades for Versatile Use
As the very name suggests, black cotton Roman shades are made from black cotton fabric. These window shades are a popular choice for their durability, versatility, and functional potential.
Roman cotton shades are named after their design, which is inspired by the traditional Roman blinds. They have a smooth, foldable fabric that can be raised, lowered, or adjusted by a cord or a chain. When fully extended, these window treatments lie flat against the window opening, but when raised, they fold up into neat, overlapping sections to allow light into your room.
Black cotton Roman shades are a good choice for those homeowners who want a classic and timeless look.
Black Linen Roman Shades for All Types of Interior Decors
Characterized by their foldable fabric, black linen Roman shades are stylish and functional window coverings. Being durable, they are a practical choice for all types of windows and interior décor styles.
Black Bamboo Roman Shades for a Natural Decorative Touch
Made from woven wood fiber, black bamboo Roman shades render an excellent decorative touch to your room’s or travel trailer’s interior. Like cotton, linen is a natural and breathable fabric. It can efficiently regulate the temperature of your home.
Filtering Options for Black Roman Shades
- Light Control: Choose blackout or light filtering fabrics.
- Sizes: Choose a size ranging from 12” x 16” to 115” x 120” (w x h) to fit your window frame.
- Motorization: Choose a manual cordless or automatic/motorized lift.
- Inside/Outside Mount: Go with an inside mount to make your classroom’s interior look cleaner and more spacious. Or choose an outside mount to make your small window look bigger.
Available Fold Styles
Modern black Roman shades are available in lots of fold styles, including:
- Soft fold for a soft and relaxed appearance
- Flat fold for a sleek, modern look
- Plain classic fold for a simple, clean look
- European relaxed fold for a crisp yet relaxed and casual look
- Front slat fold for a blend of classic look of black roman shades with the functionality of a blinds.
- Top-down, Bottom-up Custom black Roman shades for easy operation and ventilation.
Things to Consider When Buying Black Roman Shades
- Extra Coverage: Consider adding 2 to 4 inches to each width and height of fabric for overlap or extra coverage.
- Blackout Liner: Add a blackout liner to improve light control and privacy of your black Roman window covers.
- Fabric Thickness: If you want to improve the energy efficiency of your room, we highly recommend a shade with thicker fabric. If you want more light, select thin, sheer fabric.
- Patterns: Choose from hundreds of beautiful floral patterns.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Here are DIY tips to clean black Roman shades.
Lift Away Surface Level Dirt: Gently sweep across the fabric with the brush attachment of your vacuum to lift away surface level dust and dirt. Do not vacuum the fabric without the brush attachment, as it may damage the fabric.
Remove Stains: To remove stains from a black Roman shade, blot it with warm water and mild dish soap. If your blinds have a motorized control system, make sure the motor and other electronic components do not get wet.
Get free samples to see how blackout or light filtering fabrics look and work in your windows’ functionality before finally selecting and buying a custom-made product.
Why Buy Black Roman Shades with Affordable Blinds?
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
Here is our DIY step-by-step guide on how to measure black Roman shades to get started.
- Measure Width: Measure the width of the windows in three places - top, middle, and bottom. Record the narrowest value.
- Measure Height: Measure the height of the top of the window or other space from the top to bottom in 3 places - left, middle, and right. Record the shortest measurement. For example, if the measurements are 48”, 48 ¾”, and 48 ¾”, order blinds measuring 60 inches in length.
- Deduction: Do not make any deductions. We’ll do it for you.
All hardware components included. For a professional, inch-by-inch, edge-to-edge fit, follow our DIY step-by-step guide on how to install black Roman shades.
Installation only requires attaching mounting brackets and a headrail with the help of a screwdriver.
- Step 1: Drill holes (using a ⅜-inch drill bit)
- Step 2: Set up the brackets with screws and a screwdriver.
- Step 3: Hang your window coverings.
Quick: 10 to 12 minutes
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
Are Roman shades good for blackout?
Unlined Roman shades are semi-blackout or light filtering, but they still protect your privacy. On the other hand, lined roman blinds block out 90% to 95% external light, creating room darkening effect and protecting your family and home furniture from the harsh UV rays.
What is the downside to Roman shades?
Roman shades are made of fabric, so they can collect dirt and get stained more easily. Velvet and other heavier fabrics are difficult to clean or wash. Plus, they can retain odors, making them the wrong choice for a kitchen.
Do Roman shades get dirty?
Yes! When Roman shades are in the open position, they’ll collect dust more quickly compared to other blind styles. Take extra care when cleaning to make sure you don’t damage the soft fabric. Dry clean the shades or use borax solution to clean the fabric.
How do you make blackout Roman shades?
Here are 7 DIY steps to make blackout Roman shades:
Step 1: Measure the window frame
Step 2: Calculate the rod pocket positions
Step 3: Calculate the size for fabric and lining
Step 4: Make up the fabric panel and insert blackout lining
Step 5: Join the fabric panel to the lining
Step 6: Insert rods and attach rings
Step 7: Hang the fabric
Do black shades make a room hot?
Black shades hold onto heat rather than being a good insulator or barrier against it. So, they aren’t the best idea to keep a room cooler in summer.
Need More Help?
Use 24/7 live chat or give us a call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our Roman shade design experts for custom solutions.