These designer-favorite motorized window covers are available in lots of colors, materials, styles, & sizes. Pick your favorite fold style like hobbled, relaxed, flat fold, and seamless.
They add convenience, functionality, and artistic appeal to the windows in your living room, dining room, bedroom, nursery, and kitchen.
When lowered, these shades diffuse exterior light to reduce glare while adding privacy. When raised, they stack neatly at the top, providing maximum view to the outside.
Being motorized means these blinds are cordless and safe for families with kids and pets.
Order free samples today to match the shades to your interior before purchasing! Free shipping, free expert advice, huge discounts, & more!
Or buy a low-priced Motorized Plain Classic Pleated Roman Shade - Essential for light and heat control and privacy for just $238.63 for a 36” x 36” (w x h) window! (69% off!)
Get various light control options, from sheer to light filtering to room darkening or total blackout.
These shades are a durable and easy-to-install option for your modern homes.
Popular color choices for motorized Roman shades include Ashton camel, Everest moon, white, black, gray, red, and blue.
What are Motorized Roman Shades?
Motorized Roman shades are modernized classic window covers with built-in motorization that makes them easy to operate with the help of a wireless remote, or an optional smart home automation system, compatible with Alexa and Google Home.
They offer a great look and amazing ease of use.
Benefits of Motorized Roman Shades
Motorized window covers offer a modern design with zero cords. They have a cleaner and sleeker appearance from front to back. They achieve the same purpose as class window blinds with added functions that make them a worthwhile complement to your home’s interior design.
Here are the benefits motorized Roman shades will add to your home.
- Wireless remote control option: There is no more meddling with the cords or manually adjusting the blind to your favored position. Raise, lower, or tilt your shades while relaxing on the sofa or busy in another room.
- Improve home security: With programmable automation settings, motorized Roman blinds easily add a layer of security when you are away from home.
- Greatest safety for kids and pets: With cords removed, motorization makes these window covers 100% pet- and kid-safe.
- Lots of fold styles for custom decors: Purchase a Roman shade in a beautiful decor-friendly style like soft fold, flat fold, front slat fold, plain classic fold, European relaxed fold, top-down, bottom-up and seamless.
Here are additional benefits of motorized Roman blinds for windows:
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency with insulating and light controlling fabrics
- Product your furniture from the sun’s damaging UV rays
- Wake up relaxed with a friendly wake up call from natural lighting
- Make your home stand out on the market, increasing its value.
- Operate your blinds with your smartphone or tablet after easy smart home integrations.
Popular Models of Motorized Roman Shades for Windows
Blackout Motorized Roman Shades for Bedrooms & Media Rooms
Motorized Roman shades with room-darkening or 100% blackout feature can create a night-like environment in your bedroom or home theater. They also give you excellent control on light and privacy.
Kid-Safe Motorized Roman Shades for Nursery
They are a perfect option for nurseries. Motorized lift with zero cords is an advanced safety feature for homes with young children and pets.
Motorized Cotton Roman Shades for Curb Appeal & Heat Regulation
These battery-powered shades are made from soft, foldable cotton fabric. Cotton is a breathable and affordable material that is good for curb appeal and temperature regulation.
Motorized Linen Roman Shades for Durability
Motorized linen Roman shades can add a touch of warmth, vibrancy, and long life to your window covering. Also, these durable window coverings can withstand fading and daily wear and tear.
Motorized Bamboo Roman Shades for Contemporary Interior Decor Styles
Motorized bamboo or woven wood roman shades are made from bamboo slats that are woven together to create a fabric-like texture. You can use these blinds in traditional, contemporary, and tropical interior décor styles.
Various Fold Styles for Motorized Roman Shades
These shades are available in lots of fold types, including:
- Soft fold for a soft and relaxed appearance
- Flat fold for a sleek, modern look
- Front slat fold for a blend of classic look of a roman shade with the functionality of a blind.
- Plain classic fold for a simple, clean look
- European relaxed fold for a crisp yet relaxed and casual look
These finer quality materials are better suited to Roman blinds:
- Cotton (100%)
- Faux silk
Select a suitable material for your window coverings depending on your taste and need for durability, functional potential, and affordability.
- Sizes: Choose a size ranging from 23” x 24” to 84” x 102” (w x h) to perfectly fit your window frame.
- Fabric Opacities: Choose sheer, room darkening, blackout, or light filtering fabrics.
- Inside/Outside Mount: Go with an inside mount to make your sea-themed room’s interior look cleaner and more spacious. Or choose an outside mount to make your small window look bigger.
Things to Consider When Buying Motorized Roman Shades
- Extra Coverage on Outside Mount: Consider adding 2 to 4 inches to each width and height of fabric for overlap or extra coverage.
- Frame Depth for an Inside Mount: If you want to mount the electric blind inside the window frame, make sure it has the minimum depth of 1 ¾ inches.
- Blackout Liner: Add a blackout liner to improve light control and privacy of your smart motorized blinds.
- Fabric Thickness: If you want to improve the energy efficiency of your room, we highly recommend a shade with thicker fabric. For more light, select thin, sheer fabric.
- Wide or Narrow Windows: Whether it’s a wide window in your living room or a narrow window in your kitchen or bathroom, custom options will fit each of them.
It’s easy and cost-effective to clean and maintain your powered blinds. You can do so by dusting, wiping, vacuuming, spot cleaning, and washing.
Here are DIY tips to clean these shades.
Lift Away Surface Level Dirt: Gently sweep across the soft fabric with the brush attachment of your vacuum to remove surface level dust and dirt. Do not vacuum the blind without the brush attachment, as it may damage the fabric.
Remove Stains: To remove stains from the fabric, remove the electric components and blot the fabric with warm water and mild dish soap.
Get free samples to see how different flower patterns and color combinations look in your unique room decor settings before finally selecting and buying a custom-made product.
Why Buy Motorized Roman Shades with Affordable Blinds?
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
Here is our DIY step-by-step guide on how to measure motorized Roman shades to get started.
- Measure Width: Measure the width of the windows at top, middle, and bottom. Record the narrowest value.
- Measure Height: Measure the height of the top of the window or other space from the top to bottom in the left, middle, and right. Record the shortest measurement. For example, if the measurements are 61”, 61 ¾”, and 61 ¾”, order electric blinds measuring 61 inches in length.
- Deduction: Do not make any deductions. We’ll do it for you.
All hardware components included. For a professional, inch-by-inch, edge-to-edge fit, follow our DIY step-by-step guide on how to install motorized Roman shades.
- Step 1: Drill holes (using a ⅜-inch drill bit)
- Step 2: Set up the brackets with screws and a screwdriver.
- Step 3: Hang your window covers.
Quick: 10 to 12 minutes
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
Can existing Roman shades be motorized?
The answer is yes! Most of the larger and heavier existing Roman shades can be easily motorized using a remote control motorization kit. Powered headrails with battery-operated systems are a better option to motorize your existing Roman window covers.
How much do motorized shades cost?
The prices of motorized shades range from $800 to $1,200 or more, especially based on the size of blinds. With a 66% discount at Affordableblinds.com, the price of a 36 x 24” blind will drop from $800 to mere $241 with 70% off!
What is the difference between Roman blinds and Roman shades?
Here’s one conspicuous difference: Roman shades have a wide, easily visible hem, while Roman blinds have a narrow, almost invisible one.
Can Roman blinds be electric?
Yes! By installing electric Roman blinds on your regular or hard-to-reach windows, you can make life easy for yourself and safe for your kids, as they have no dangling cords or strings.
If you have multiple Roman blinds, it could be time-consuming to open, close, or tilt them manually. With the motorization option, you can raise or lower them with the push of a button on a wireless remote.
Need More Help?
Use 24/7 live chat or give us a call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our motorized Roman shade color and design experts for custom solutions.