- High-end, durable fabrics at lower prices
- Nice balance between traditionality and modernity
- Personalized dynamic unique style
- Fit all windows, from extra small (12 x 16”) to extra large (115 x 120”)
- Uncluttered, streamlined appearance
- 100% cordless control styles available
- Motorized and smart controls available for ultimate convenience
- Solid hues, neutral tones, and vibrant colors
- Dozens of pattern and design options
- Cotton, bamboo, yard linen, and other fabrics
- Inside, outside, & flush inside mounts
- Only 2 ¼” minimum depth requirement for an inside mount
- Inside (factory determined deduction) or outside mounts (no deduction)
- Color-coordinated, pre-drilled headrail
- Easy to install and operate
- Rod-pockets for hanging Roman curtains
How These Shades Will Help You
Make Your Interiors Trendier
Make your home and office interiors look more stylish & trendier! With a rich, luxurious look, our brand-new fabric romans are a beautiful alternative to traditional window coverings. They will add a traditional warmth to your window treatment along with a modern feel and functionality.
Unlike other light control blinds, they stack evenly when you open them into flat or other fold styles, and look smooth when drawn closed.
Customize to Perfection
Personalize our practical Roman shades for size, fold style, color, design, and finish. Plus there are lots of stunning fabric options to perfectly match your unique decor. They can even fit your sliding glass doors and odd-shaped windows.
Ultimate Light Control
Complete Privacy Control
Control privacy in every room of your home by raising/opening, lowering/closing, or adjusting these popular Roman window treatments.
Lots of Fold Style
- Soft Fold: Choose hobbled-style budget-saving cheap Roman window coverings with soft folds for a drapery-like look. When opened, the fabric elegantly cascades down your window opening.
- Flat Fold: Get a clean, minimalist look! Treat your shallow windows and French doors with slim profile flat fold Roman shades.
- Plain Classic Pleated Fold: Want a more structured, contemporary design with uniformed classic pleats and evenly-spaced seams for stability? Buy our handcrafted plain classic fold romans. As you close the shade, the fabric panels will simply fold over the next.
- European Relaxed Fold: One of the most loved fold styles, European relaxed fold gives these low-priced Roman shades a soft, organic look and feel.
- Front Slat Fold: Choose front slat Roman shades to add a unique visual interest with horizontal tucks on the front of the Roman shade.
Safety and Security
No annoying, tangled cords! Cordless control styles, such as top-down/bottom-up, available on all roman shades! 100% conforming with New Federal Safety Standards for Custom Window Coverings, these affordable custom romans are a safe choice for homes and other spaces with young children and pets.
Easy to Clean & Care for
Keep your Roman window coverings clean and looking new with regular dusting, vacuuming, and washing with water and mild detergent (if needed).
- Privacy Liner: Add a room darkening or blackout liner to maximize privacy in your sleeping quarters or home theaters.
- Motorized with Wireless Remote: Use 1- to 16-channel remote to control a shade separately or all shades of your home together!
- App-Control Lift: Integrate smart motorized Roman shades into your smart home automation system and close, open, or semi-open/semi-close your shades with your voice or an app.
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
Here is our DIY step-by-step measurement guide.
Hardware components included. For a professional, inch-by-inch fit, follow our DIY step-by-step installation guide.
18 to 20 minutes
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
- Consider the color of window trim and overall interior design to choose the right custom Roman shades for your home.
- For combined light filtering and blackout functionality, choose our sheers or room darkening zebra shades.
- If you are looking to block UV rays while preserving view, select solar roller shades.
- Want the folds of the window blind to stack more fluidly on the top of one another and put less stress on the shade’s control system when raised? Choose lighter, thinner fabrics like linen, cotton, and silk.
- When treating the windows of your farmhouse or a seaside resort, you might want a rustic feel with good privacy. Our woven wood shades would be a better alternative.
- Add several inches to height below the window frame to give them a long drape-like look.
We strongly recommend a free sample to see how the real colors, designs, and floral patterns look before finally selecting and purchasing the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it cheaper to make or buy Roman shades?
DIY Roman shades are cheaper! If you have a sewing machine, a drill, and a sheet of fabric, you can make these pleating, string-pulled window coverings easily and economically. Meanwhile, you can also buy a high-end designer favorite Roman blind at an affordable rate here at Affordableblinds.com.
Why do Roman shades cost so much?
First, Roman shades are detail oriented, labor-intensive curtains. They require more labor fees due to their meticulous craftsmanship. Second, a tremendous amount of time is spent in creating them. Third, they require rods for stiffening, which makes them costlier.
Are Roman shades more expensive than drapes?
No! Drapes are costlier than Roman shades due to many reasons. First, plenty of fabric is used in making drapes, as they are cut to floor length. Second, they are made from heavier, thicker fabrics that are costlier.
What is the average price range of custom Roman shades for windows?
On average, the sale price of custom Roman window coverings ranges from less than $100 to over $900 depending on size, style, motorization, and other factors.
Use 24/7 live chat or call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our experts for design selection, installation, design consultation, and more!