- Made from soft, textured fabrics
- Low priced and durable
- More stability and curb appeal
- Conform with CPSC kid-safety guidelines
- Standard factory deductions for inside mounts
- Suitable for regular windows, shallow windows, & door
- Hardware components included
How These Shades Will Help You
Smooth, Crisp Look
These plain fold or knife pleat Roman shades add a smooth, streamlined, and crisp look to your interior decor.
Body & Texture
Even when the shade is lowered or closed, the fold remains visible to add body and texture to your plain fold Roman window treatments.
Uniform, Structured Appearance
Unlike the seamless flat fold style, these plain fold Romans have seams running every few inches, which give them a structured look and help in the folding of the fabric uniformly.
Depth and Visual Interest
The wider spaced seams on the solid fabric of these reasonably priced plain classic fold shades will add depth and visual appeal to your Roman window coverings.
With a slimmer, flatter profile, these popular Roman window treatments lay flat when lowered. So, they are an ideal choice for shallower windows and doors.
Clean Folding and Stacking
As you completely raise the shade, the hand-crafted, pleated section fold and stack cleanly at the top of the window frame.
More Contemporary Look
Compared to our other kid-friendly Roman shades, these affordable plain classic fold Romans give a more contemporary look to your window coverings.
High Versatile & Customizable
Choose from 100’s of sizes and design options to get a perfect fit for your window frame and decor style.
Easy to Raise & Lower
Easily raise, lower, or adjust these blinds with corded or cordless lift systems. So, they are great for high traffic rooms.
Light Control and Privacy
Get sufficient privacy and light control, blocking up to 60% of the natural light entering your room. You can add a privacy or blackout liner to create room darkening or blackout effect to sleep better during the day.
Create a glare-free environment with filtered light in your study room or home office.
Perfect for Frequent Use
The evenly folding seams make these Roman blinds perfect for areas like bedrooms and living rooms where you need to open or close them more frequently.
Lots of Styles & Models Available
Easy to Clean & Care for
Keep your window coverings clean and looking new with regular dusting or vacuuming, and occasionally washing with water and mild detergent.
- Size: Treat all windows, from extra small (12 x 16”) to extra-large (115 x 120”)
- Color: vine black, vibrato blue, vibrato gray, engaging dew, patrick fog, etc.
- Design: Select a solid or pattern fabric
- Mount Style: Inside, outside, flush inside mounts
- Control Styles: corded (rear & forward), continuous chain operation, & cordless
Upgrades & Options
- Motorized with Wireless Remote: Instantly position your plain fold window coverings.
- Smart Lift: Integrate it into your smart home automation system and use voice or app to operate your blinds.
- Top-down/Bottom-up: Pull down or push up to open or close from both top and bottom.
- Privacy Liner: Add an opaque liner to a layered look and additional functionality.
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
Here is our DIY step-by-step guide on how to measure plain fold Roman shades to get started.
For a professional, inch-by-inch fit, follow our DIY step-by-step guide on how to install plain fold Roman shades.
12 to 15 minutes
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
- As the seams of pleated sections can interrupt intricate patterns, choose solid fabrics for this fold style.
- Consider window depth requirement (2 ¼) before choosing an inside mount for these customizable plain fold Roman shades.
Get a free sample to see how the real colors and designs match with your home decor before finally selecting and purchasing the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is plain fold Roman shade?
A plain fold Roman shade offers a smooth, streamlined look with seams running every few to ensure more uniform folding of the fabric material.
What is the downside of Roman blinds?
Roman blinds reduce natural light, provide a semi-blocked view of the outside and make your window look smaller.
What is the difference between hobbled and flat fold Roman shades?
Hobbled fold Roman shade has excess fabric between pleats which gathers when you close or lower the shade. On the other hand, a flat fold Roman shade has the exact length of fabric which lays flat as you close the shade.
What is the difference between flat Roman shade and classic Roman shade?
Flat and looped are two types of classic Roman shades. Flat shades have pleats that form horizontal lines, while the looped style billows of fabric and folds that waterfall down. The flat style is more rigid and offers a more structured look than looped style.
Use 24/7 live chat or call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our experts for color choice, design consultation, and installation!