Custom Made Solar Roller Shades Online
If you are looking for sun screen shades to block harsh UV rays, heat, glare, but not your view, buy our custom made solar roller shades online at prices you’ll love! Choose a fabric weave or openness factor - 1% to 14% - for the desired amount of light filtration, visibility, privacy, and daylight blockage.100’s of sizes, colors, and textures to fit any decor style. Order a free sample today! Free shipping, warranties, & more!
Solar shades offer a range of opacity levels, spanning from 1% to 14% openness. But what does this actually signify? A shade with 1% openness will effectively shield 99% of harmful UV rays, while a 14% openness shade will block 86%, with variations in between. In simple terms, the lower the percentage, the denser the fabric weave, resulting in reduced light penetration.
Opacity tells the tightness/looseness of our custom sun shade’s fabric weave that is “open” to allow filtered light, view, and daylight control.
- A wide array of custom options
- Standard and reverse (waterfall) roll styles
- Roll up neatly to top of window for maximum view-through
- Various opacities for minimum to maximum visibility
- High-performance, durable sun shade fabrics
- Flame-retardant material
- Conform with CPSC kid-safety guidelines
- Secured continuous cord loop beaded chain with cleat
- Inside (factory determined deduction) or outside mounts (no deduction)
- Lead & formaldehyde free
- Fungus and bacteria resistant
- Low VOC and chemical emissions (Compliant with Greenguard guidelines)
- Indoor, outdoor models available
- Easy to measure for and install
How These Shades Will Help You
Block UV Rays & Glare, Not View
Protect yourself, your loved ones, and your interior from the sun's damaging rays, and reduce glare, while preserving a soft, crisp view of the outdoors without squinting. Good for media rooms, home theaters, and home offices, where you need a safe, glare-free environment.
See without Being Seen!
Choose a fabric with medium openness factor (7% to 10%) to clearly see outside without being seen yourself (during the day). Install them in your bathroom or bedroom.
Adjustable UV Blockage
Based on your needs for visibility and brightness, block any amount of ultraviolet (UV) radiation, from 86% to 99%.
All-Purpose Light Regulation
Different percentages of these custom sun-blocking shades provide various light regulation options from ample light (14% openness) to gently diffused light glow (10% openness) to room darkening or nearly 100% blackout (1% openness). So, they offer an all-purpose light control solution for the windows of commercial, retail, and residential buildings.
Heat & Sound Insulation
Choose a tightly woven custom sun fabric roller shades to repel maximum heat and noise, creating a peaceful environment to study or sleep.
Reduce Energy Costs
These solar roll-up shades will increase your home's energy efficiency in both warm and cold months, cutting down on your energy bills year-round.
Customize to Perfection
- Opacity: Choose 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, or 14% openness percentage.
- Roll Style: Choose a standard (traditional) way to roll your shade up the back of the roller for more insulation. Or let the fabric wrap over the top roll to create a waterfall effect.
- Size: Treat all windows, from extra small (15 x 24”) to extra-large (115 x 108”)
- Color: white, ivory, silver, ecru, chocolate, charcoal, etc. (Choose one that fits your unique decor style)
- Design: Select a modern trendy design or get a classic pattern for a traditional look.
- Mount Style: Inside, outside, flush inside mounts
Buy a custom made solar roller shade online with a high-performance fabric for as low as around $60! However, the average sale price varies from $70 to over $500 based on size, weave type, and other factors.
Regular light dusting or vacuuming will suffice to keep your made-to-measure sun blinds looking clean and brand new.
Upgrades & Options
- Motorized with Wireless Remote: Instantly position your tailor-made sun-filtering shades.
- Smart Lift: Integrate it into your smart home automation system and use voice or app to operate your blinds.
- One-Touch Cordless Spring Roller: Simply touch the bottom hem to raise or lower the shade.
- Secured Continuous Cord Loop with Cleat: Choose vinyl or metal beaded chain options at no additional cost.
- Valance: Select a cassette valance with lovely fabric insert to cover the top of the roller section for a clean, modern look.
- Liner: Add a cloth liner to a layered look and additional functionality.
- Light blockers: Fill light gaps on sides for an inside mount.
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
Here is our DIY step-by-step guide on how to measure 1% Openness solar shades to get started.
Hardware components included. For a professional, inch-by-inch fit, follow our DIY step-by-step guide on how to install solar shades one percent openness.
12 to 15 minutes
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
- Solar roller blinds with a light filtering (loosely woven) fabric will not provide nighttime privacy. If you want to install them in your bedroom or bathroom, choose a tightly woven or blackout fabric.
- Choose 14% openness factor if you want to treat the window of a resort with spectacular scenery.
- Only choose an inside mount for these daylight control shades if your window has minimum required depth. Use light blockers to cover light gaps.
- Don’t scrub the shades when cleaning.
Get a free sample to see how the real colors and textures look before finally selecting and purchasing the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between solar shades and roller shades?
Structurally, solar shades are made from screen-like mesh materials, while roller shades are made from vinyl or other fabrics. Functionally, solar shades provide UV protection without entirely blocking the view, while roller shades are used to control light or brightness in a room. In our Custom Made Solar Roller Shades, both types of shades have been combined.
Are solar shades more expensive than roller shades?
Yes. Sun-protection blinds are nearly twice costlier than roller shades.
What is the best solar shade?
A solar shade with medium openness factor (7% to 10%) is the best for sufficient UV rejection, glare reduction, privacy, and outside view without making your room too dark.
Can you see through solar roller shades?
In the case of a solar roller shade with an open weave, you can see out, but passers-by can’t see in during the day. The effect is reversed at night. However, the sun shades with a tightly interwoven blackout fabric are not see-through at night.
Use 24/7 live chat or call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our experts for color choice, design consultation, and installation!