Blackout Roller Shades
Looking for blackout roller shades for windows to give you better sleep and improve your home theater experience?
These budget-saving Blackout Roller Shades will provide complete light control, UV rejection, noise reduction, and child safety.
Order a free sample today! Plus free shipping & discounts!
Made from durable, flame-retardant vinyl fiberglass, these room darkening sun-out roller shades are particularly useful for windows directly facing the sun or bright streetlights.
When it comes to decorative appeal, custom blackout roll-up blinds offer a perfect blend of classic simplicity and timeless beauty for your windows.
When it comes to decorative elements, they give a stunning look and feel. For more aesthetic appeal, you can use them under sheer shades for a layered look.
Key Features of Blackout Roller Shades
- Completely block out light
- Offer excellent privacy
- Eliminate glare
- A variety of modern designs and versatile patterns
- Multiple kid-safe control options: cordless and motorized
- Timeless designs with intricate weaves and iconic patterns
- Laminated with a layer of vinyl for extra strength and durability
- Easy to measure and DIY-friendly installation
- Affordable: get a large 72 x 96 inch blackout roller shade for as low as $111!
- Easier to clean, dust-resistant design
How These Shades will Help You
Perfect for Bedroom, Nursery, & Home Theater
When completely lowered or closed, the blackout fabric of these shades can create a room darkening effect in your bedroom, kids’ room, or home theater.
Reverse Roll Option
If you don’t want your nightfall roller shade for windows to fall over the front of the roller, order the roll position in reverse. It will exude a better aesthetic appeal.
Smooth, Sleek Look
Cordless design and high-quality construction give these inexpensive blackout shades a smooth and sleek look. Their uniform look earns them HOA’s love.
Withstand Scorching Heat of the Sun
These sun-out roller shades are made from flame-retardant material to withstand and resist the scorching heat of the sun.
Fit Unique Decor Styles
Available in neutrals and solid tones, these cost-effective blackout roll-down shades work perfectly well with a variety of interior decor styles. Different color options to choose from include white, gray, hunter green, cream, beige, and navy.
3 Kid-Friendly Lift Options
You can buy this product with any of the 3 cordless, kid-friendly lift options: cordless spring roller, motorized, and smart lifts.
The motorized lift comes with a rechargeable battery, so power suspension will not affect the raising, lowering, or adjustment of your shades.
And you can operate them separately or together with a 1-, 6-, or 16-channel programmable remote.
Complying with Federal Safety Standard
Available with cordless lift options, these Blackout Roller Shades fully comply with New Federal Safety Standard for Window Coverings to prevent deaths from strangulation.
Continuous Loop Beaded Chain Option
If you still love the continuous loop beaded chain option to pull your window treatments up or down, order a custom product with this lift system. We’ll deliver it.
Protect Your Furniture and Furnishing
These UV-blocking roller shades can protect your furniture and furnishings against UV rays to prevent discoloration, warping, or cracking.
Get Rid of Harsh Glare
These sun-blocking shades are an excellent choice to get rid of harsh glare in your room.
Create a Private, Personal Space
With these privacy roller blinds, you can create a comfortable, confidential environment in your living room or office.
Boost Energy Efficiency of Your Home
As these cheapest blackout shades can keep heat, they will help you to keep your room cooler during summer, reducing your cooling costs.
Want to hide the roller entirely? We will customize the roll style of this product using a matching cassette headrail with fabric insert for you.
Enjoy Smart, Easy Living
Blackout Roller Shades with a smart lift can be integrated into your existing smart home automation system. In that case, you can operate these blackout blinds with the free P2 Powermate app, Google Nest, or Amazon Alexa/Echo.
These technologies allow you to operate them with voice commands or a tap on your smartphone or tablet. Also, you can schedule or automate their opening and closing based on light intensity or time of the day.
Different Layering Options
To boost the aesthetics or functionality of these privacy roller shades, you can layer them with sheer, pleated, light filtering, zebra, or even plain classic fold Roman shades for a classic touch.
Simple Cleaning & Care
Cleaning and caring for new Blackout Roller Shades Cordless is so easy and simple. You can dust them with a soft cloth or a brush attachment of a vacuum cleaner, or wipe clean them with a damp cloth. Don’t bleach, iron, or tumble dry.
Consideration and Recommendations
- To lift heavier or larger-scale shades, add a beaded chain.
- Eliminate the possibility of cord entanglement with the hassle-free, cordless spring tension roller option.
- We recommend convenient remote control motorization for high out of reach windows.
- If you want the fabric to feed over the top rather than from the back of the roller tube, choose a reverse roll at no extra charge. It’ll be an ideal option if your blind needs to pass in front of a window or handle.
- To add a finishing touch to your window or elevate the look of your room, order a valance for the top of your shade. However, a valance cannot be used in conjunction with a reverse roll.
- As the fabric must be cut narrower than the operating mechanisms at the top, inside-mounted blackout roller shades will have an about 1-inch vertical light gap between the window casing and the edge of the fabric. We recommend light gap blockers to avoid light gaps on the side of the blinds.
Why Buy Here at Affordableblinds.com?
If you buy your new blackout roller shades for windows at this online Affordable Blinds shop, you’ll get several benefits:
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
- Up to 70% discounts, literally! Purchase a blind for your 24” x 24” window for only $39.04 (down from $129.86)!
Customization Options and Filters
- Size (Blind Width & Height): 100’s of fabric sizes. Treat all rustic windows, from extra small (15 x 24”) to extra large (103 x 120”).
- Color: White, cream, beige, doe, dune, gray, shadow, hunter green, navy, black, etc.
- Mount Style: Mount your new, fresh natural blinds inside, outside, or to the exterior.
Standard Factory Deductions for Inside & Outside Mounts
- Light Gap (per side): 9/16 inches
- Headrail: 3 inches deep and 2 3/4 inches high
- Minimum inside-mount depth: 1 3/4 inches
Here is our DIY step-by-step guide on how to measure office window blinds to get started. Follow the width by height (w x h) format and measure down to the nearest ⅛ inch.
- Steel tape measure
- Step ladder
- Measure width and height at three places and record the largest value.
- Add 3 to 4 inches to each dimension for extra coverage.
- Measure width and height at three places and record the smallest value.
- Don’t forget to measure depth of the frame and match it with the requirements on the specs sheet.
All hardware components included for all covers.
For a professional, inch-by-inch, edge-to-edge fit, follow our DIY step-by-step guide on how to install blackout roller shades.
- Mark bracket placement within the recess (inside mount) or on the wall (outside mount)
- Affix brackets with screws
- Ensure brackets are level for smooth roll-up/down operation
- Hang the roller mechanism
- Maintain smooth rolling
- If your blinds have a motorized control system, regularly lubricate it.
Varies for different products (on average 10 to 12 minutes)
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are blackout roller shades worth it?
Yes, they are worth it if you want to save money on energy bills, avoid sleep disorders, and be more comfortable in your home.
Can roller blinds be blackout?
Yes! Blackout roller blinds are one of the best window treatments for blocking out up to 99% morning light or harsh rays at noon. 1% openness solar roller blinds will better serve your needs.
How do you make roller blinds completely blackout?
Use light blocking strips (light blockers) to cover gaps to the sides of the fabric and make your rollers 100% blackout.
Do blackout roller blinds keep heat out?
Yes! Blackout roller blinds act as thermal insulators, keeping cool air in and warm air out during those hot summer days. However, they should be correctly sized and properly installed to keep light and heat out, improving the energy efficiency of your home.
Use 24/7 live chat or call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our experts to choose the perfect, affordable blackout roller blinds for your home.