Looking for sunscreen shades to block 99% of the harsh UV rays, heat, and glare, while still providing view to the outside, shop our budget-friendly Elite Solar Shades 1% Openness. With 1% opacity or openness factor, these are the most opaque solar shades, allowing only 1% of daylight to filter through. The tightly woven sunscreen fabrics of these child-safe sun-blocking window coverings provide maximum privacy and room darkening or blackout effect. Free samples available! Plus free shipping, warranties, & discounts.
Openness tells the tightness/looseness or percentage of sun shade fabric weave that is “open” to allow light filtration, visibility, and daylight blockage.
Thanks to tighter, more interwoven fabric, these sun protection shades add versatile functionality to your window treatment.
Our Elite Solar Shades 1% Openness are an ideal choice for bedrooms, nurseries, movie rooms, and other spaces where you need nearly complete darkness (99% light blockage) for better sleep and an excellent experience with media devices. So, they are a better alternative to blackout cellular shades.
Save big on your energy bills. These shades provide more insulation than other solar shades with higher openness factors, perfectly regulating your room temperature all year round.
100% cordless control option available, making these 1% open sun-control window coverings fully comply with New Federal Safety Standards for Custom Window Coverings.
Keep your window coverings clean and new with regular light dusting, vacuuming, and rinsing with water (if needed).
Optional cassette valance covers the top of the roller section of 1 openness solar fabric shades for a clean, sleek, modern appearance.
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
Medium openness factor (7% to 10%) is the best for sufficient UV protection, privacy, and outside view without making your room too dark. For maximum visibility, select solar roller fabric shades with 14% openness.
1% openness is the most private shade option, with 99% UV blockage and blackout effect. With the tightest woven fabric, it allows only 1% of natural light to filter through.
1% solar shade allows only one percent of the natural light to sail into your room, blocking the rest of the 99% rays. One drawback is that it gives low outside visibility.
The answer is yes! You can see through 1% solar shades at night, but the effect is reversed during the day.
Use 24/7 live chat or call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our experts for installation, design consultation, and more!