These heat-resistant solar blinds are an ideal addition to porches, patios, sunrooms, decks, gazebos, 3-season rooms, and other outdoor living spaces.
You can also hang them on the exteriors of windows for a seamless blend of function and style.
Order a modern, functional solar roller shade with a variety of options - made in 1 day!
Openness factor (OF) is a common term used to describe the tightness of the weave of solar screen fabrics. Opacity level or openness percentage shows how tightly the yarn is woven.
In exterior solar roller shades with 14% openness level, the fabric is loosely woven to allow more light to sail into your outdoor living space.
These window covers are an ideal choice for outdoor recreational spots, as they provide best visibility with significant privacy and glare rejection.
Our 14% openness outdoor solar roller shades are made from superior-quality weather-resistant fabrics. They offer an all-season sun shade solution in all types of outdoor spaces, ranging from porches to swimming pools.
The average sale price of 14% openness solar roller shades ranges from $54 for a 24 x 24” window size to $131 for a 72 x 108” window. So, you can get high-quality sun shades at much lower prices than competitors.
However, add-ons, like automatic lift, valance, blackout liner will add to the cost of these outdoor shades.
Quick: 12 to 15 minutes
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
7% or 10% are well-known as the best openness percentages for solar shades to preserve good view of outside, get soft natural glow, protect your possessions from damaging UV rays, and keep prying eyes away from your porch, pergola, swimming pool, etc.
The most common openness percentages for solar shades range from 1% to 14%. Popular choices in this range include 3%, 5%, 7%, and 10%.
In rare cases, outdoor solar roller shades come with 17% and 32% openness factors, meaning they will block out about 68% of the UV rays, while allowing the remaining 32 percent to sail into your outdoor space.
No, you can’t see through 5% solar shades at night when lights are on in your room or porch, but passers-by can see in. The exact opposite is true during the day. To make them non-see-through at night, you’ll need to pair them with a blackout fabric.
Coolaroo outdoor sun shades are made from fabrics with different tightness/looseness levels or openness factors, ranging from 5% to 15%.
Still not sure which fabric weave, color, and opacity level to choose when shopping for outdoor solar roller shades for your porch, patio, or pergola? Use 24/7 live chat or give us a call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our design consultants for further help.