In addition to homes located in humid climates, there are rooms in hot zone houses, which are always higher in humidity and vapor saturation, such as shower rooms.
You can consider these blinds as the best option for such spaces.
Water-resistant window treatments are made from sturdy, durable materials. They don’t warp, split, or crack in places with high humidity.
Confidently hang them on your bathroom, laundry room, and kitchen windows and other spaces with higher vapor content.
Designers and builders often prefer aluminum mini-slat blinds, as they don’t rust or corrode when exposed to heavy rain and snowfall.
Hower, we don’t recommend putting these products in direct contact with water.
A Cost-Saving Tip: If you can’t afford to buy new humidity-resistant blinds and shades, paint your existing window coverings to make them waterproof. It will also add to their visual interest and make them last longer.
Read on to learn more about smart, chic, and moisture-resistant window treatment solutions for wet areas.
Key Features & Benefits
- Ideal choice for damp bathroom, laundry rooms, kitchens, & garages
- Made from waterproof, thermal-insulated fabric
- Better able to withstand splashes and spill
- Rust-free, corrosion-resistant materials
- Combined style and durability
- Rigorously tested for harsh elements
- Safe to use in any environment
- Fully functional: glare-free filtered light, total blackout, UV-protection, insulation, privacy, & heat regulation
- Adjustable fabrics/tiltable slats for ventilation and light regulation
- Get a stunning view of the outdoors
- Custom fabric sizes, colors, & headrail types
- Bluetooth motorized control for luxurious operation
- Compatible with your smart-home system
- Kid-safe (CPSC-compliant) cordless option
- Easy to measure and DIY-friendly installation
- Lower cost - price starting from as low as $18 (for ‘minis”)!
Best Humidity-Resistant Window Treatment Solutions
Horizontal 2” Faux wood, PVC, & Composite Wood Blinds
Whether you choose cordless 2 inch faux wood blinds or PVC/composite wood shades, they will add distinctive character and natural beauty of real wood to your interior.
This timeless beauty is offered at the fraction of the price of real timber window covers. They are constructed to withstand the test of time and resist warping, cracking, or harvesting mildew.
Manufactured by blending wood fibers with plastics, premium composite shutter are a great option for windows in damp or subtropical areas. They come in double-hung style, which makes them a popular choice for lavatories and cooking cabins.
Horizontal 1” Aluminum & Vinyl Blinds
Made from aluminum and vinyl materials, one-inch-slat mini blinds are another dependable option for highly wet spaces. Plus they have been engineered to resist dust, stains, and scratches, making them one of most durable and easiest-to-clean products.
Tailored Roman Fabric Blinds
Available in a child-safe cordless option, tailored Roman shades are made from high-end water-repellent fabrics, such as a blend of cotton with polyester, nylon, and other synthetic fabrics. They offer highly wet-proof properties.
Vapor-resistant Drapery Panels
Water repellant custom drapery panels are authentically created to add extra flair to your farmhouse’s interior. You can fully personalize them for size, style, color, texture, and softness.
Functionally, their heavier wet-resistant materials completely shield you and your belongings (furniture, furnishings, artwork, etc.) from both harsh UV rays and prying eyes.
Plus they are good at insulation, helping you to keep your room cooler or warmer during the harshest months year-round.
- Choose light colors for your moisture tolerant blinds or shades to add cheerful charm to your country home’s living room or kitchen.
- Go with a darker hue to create a thoughtful atmosphere for your study room or den.
- Consider the style of your room and the exact dimensions of the windows before purchasing the right window cover.
- For better aesthetics, choose faux wood blinds for tall, skinny windows.
- If you have chosen a heavy fabric drapery panel to cover your large window, go with a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 headrail to distribute weight.
- Add bluetooth or app-powered motorization for the easiest opening/closing.
- For a more traditional look, we recommend composite shutters or blinds.
- If you want to give your windows an elegant, streamlined, and sophisticated look, hang tailored Roman shades.
- Get a free sample to see how the fabrics, colors, and textures look and work in your high moisture areas before finally selecting and buying the product.
Customize to Perfection
- Size: Measure true width, height, and depth of your window (e.g. 110 x 120 x 2”) before buying your favorite product to ensure perfect fit and function.
- Color: Mocha, brushed bronze, cream, ivory, beige, hazy, sea salt, antique linen, silver, etc.
- Fabric: Choose a long-lasting synthetic fabric.
- Mount Style: Mount your new, fresh water repellant blinds inside, outside, or to the exterior.
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
Here is our DIY step-by-step guide on how to measure window frames to get started.
All hardware components included for all covers. For a professional, inch-by-inch, edge-to-edge fit, follow our DIY step-by-step guide on how to install moisture-resistant window treatments.
Varies for different product types and sizes (on average 15 to 20 minutes). For example, cellulars are quicker to install than drapes.
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
Frequently Asked Questions
What blinds are resistant to moisture?
Vinyl rollers, composite shutters, and PVC (horizontal or vertical) blinds are highly recommended for areas with frequent water splashes and spills, as they can stand up to high moisture, while offering plenty of energy efficiency and privacy.
What blinds prevent condensation?
If condensation is a problem in your home, cure it with ventilation-optimized window treatments having a slatted design, such as synthetic horizontal (Venetian) blinds or vapor repellant ‘minis’.
Which blinds are best for condensation?
If you have a badly condensated room, waterproof blinds would be a better choice to treat windows.
Venetian blinds are the best choice for condensation, as their slats will allow air to flow more easily. When they are not in use, raise them to dry window frame, glass, and sill.
What is the best window covering for a steamy bathroom?
Looking for inexpensive blinds that can tolerate daily contact with vapors in your steamy bathroom?
Install polyvinyl shutters, faux wood venetian blinds, cellular shades, and synthetic roller shades on small (18 x 24”) or large (72 x 84”) in your shower rooms and wet rooms.
They are less prone to water damage and are easier to wipe clean. Their average cost ranges from as low as $20 to $200.
Use 24/7 live chat or call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our experts to choose the functional, stylish, and affordable window covers for high-humidity houses or rooms.