Color-Coordinated, Integrated Headrail
The headrail is integrated into the overall design of the window covering and color-coordinated with your selected fabric color.
Low Profile Brackets: The mounting brackets are very low profile, so they will be virtually invisible once you install the shade.
Waterfall Style: If you choose to install these exterior mount cellular blinds without a valance, they will produce a waterfall effect.
Front/Rear Mounting: Install these wall mount honeycomb shades to the interior or exterior of the window opening, based on your needs.
Single/Double-Cell Design: Choose a double cell design if you need more insulation, light control, and privacy with your outer mount cellular shades.
Available Product Models
How These Shades will Help You
- Affordable: Latest outside mount cellular shades are available at discounted rates, with average sale prices ranging from $40 to $250.
- Fit for Low-Depth Windows and Doors: Slim and smart cellular window coverings require only 2” recess for an inside flush mount. If that depth is not available with your windows or doors, or there are any obstructions, the best option is to go for outer mount cellular.
- Clean, Clutter-Free Look: These outside mount insulating window covers give a simple, clutter-free look.
- Now Light Gaps: With overlapping mount cellular shades, you won’t need to struggle with light gaps. They fully cover the window opening without any holes.
- Soft Halo Effect: They ensure better light distribution to produce a soft halo effect.
- Illusion of Tallness: As you can add several inches to their width and height, these shades will make your windows and room look taller and more elegant.
- Fast DIY Measurement & Installation: No more worries about mismeasurement. Just add 2 to 4 inches to width and height when shopping these surface mount blinds. Similarly, compared with an inside mount blind, a surface mount window covering is easier to install. Just fix brackets, attach headrail, and hang your shades.
- Child-Safe Control Styles: They are available with a cordless lift system, which fully complies with New Federal Safety Standards for Window Coverings and is the safest choice for homes with young children and pets.
- Easy to Clean & Care for: Constructed from wrinkle and sag-resistant material, these shades are easy to clean and care for. With simple dusting, you can keep them looking like new.
Valance: Want to hide installation hardware and operational parts for a neat, finished look? Consider adding a valance when purchasing these pocket-friendly cellular shades.
Motorized Lift: Motorized shades come with a wireless remote control, offering super-convenience of raising, lowering, or adjusting your blinds for the required amount of light control and privacy in your room. You can also integrate them into your smart home automation system and enjoy controlling them with voice command or app.
Buy this product here at Affordableblinds.com and get:
Here is our step-by-step measurement guide to get started.
For a professional-like fit and feel, follow our DIY step-by-step installation guide.
12 to 15 minutes
Shipped from San Diego, CA.
Unsure if these window blinds will fit the form and function of your window? Order a free sample before selecting and buying the product.
- Affordable outside mount cellular shades with better insulation and light control
- A variety of styles and colors, including cordless and motorized options
- Easy to install and care for
Frequently Asked Questions
How to install cordless cellular shades outside mount?
Fix brackets on the wall above the window frame, insert headrail, hang the shades, test their operation, make fixes (if needed), and enjoy their functionality.
What are the disadvantages of cellular blinds?
The cellular design can collect dust and they are a little difficult to clean. Also, cellular blinds have a shorter lifespan (5 to 7 years) than wood shutters (10 to 15 years).
Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
Inside mount is a good choice when your window frame has enough depth. On the other hand, an outside mount will be a good choice in case of insufficient window depth and obstructions.
What does an outside mount mean for blinds?
It means that blinds or shades are installed outside of the window frame, on the face of the window trim, or on the wall above the window opening. On the other hand, inside mount blinds are installed inside the window depth or opening.
Use 24/7 live chat or call at (800) 863-6109 to contact our expert installer and design consultants to assist you with your outside mount window treatment project.