When you plan to treat small spaces windows, one of the biggest challenges is to find the right window treatment. To make things easier for you, here are the top 5 window treatments for small spaces windows.
But with a little bit of planning and some helpful tips, you can choose window treatments that will not only look great in your space but also help to make the space look bigger. Here are some tips to get you started.
What are the Top 5 Window Treatments for Small Spaces Windows?
Small spaces window treatments need to be selected carefully to get desired fit, functionality, and decorative touch. Discussed below are the top 5 window treatments for small spaces windows.
- Mini Blinds:
Mini blinds are one of the top 5 window treatments for small spaces windows, as they work well in small spaces. These small-slat blinds are available in various materials, including wood, faux wood, plastic, and aluminum. Also, they can be customized to fit your window size.
- Roman Shades:
Roman shades are another great option for small spaces window treatments as they are versatile and can fit any interior decor style. When raised, they fold up neatly, taking up minimal space, and can provide full light coverage when lowered.
- Roller Shades:
The third product among the top 5 window treatments for small spaces is that of roller shades. They are a space-saving option and can provide both privacy and light control. Roller window shades are available in lots of fabrics and patterns, making them a great choice for any interior decor.
- Cellular Shades:
- Sheer Curtains:
The fifth product among the top 5 window treatments for small spaces windows is that of sheer curtains. They are a great option for small spaces where they let in natural light while still maintaining privacy. Sheer curtains come in a variety of colors, styles, and patterns and can add a soft, elegant touch to your decor.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Window Treatments for Small Spaces Windows
When you are going to choose the best window treatments for small spaces windows, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
- Control on Natural Light: First, choose window treatments that will let in natural light through the small spaces windows. This will help to make your space feel larger and more open.
- Fussy/Bulky Window Treatments: Second, avoid window coverings that are too bulky or fussy. Instead, opt for simple window treatments that won’t overwhelm the small space.
- Experimenting with Different Window Treatments: Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different window treatment options available on the online stores like AffordableBlinds.com.
- Choosing Custom Options: There are a variety of window treatments that can be fully customized to fit any space and style.
- Function of Window Treatment: Consider the function of the window treatment. Are you looking for something that will block out light, or simply add a decorative touch to your windows?
- Style of Room: Next, consider the style of the room. Traditional window treatments tend to be heavy and formal, while more modern styles are light and airy.
- Your Budget: Finally, don’t forget about the budget. Work with a professional to find a treatment that fits both your needs and your budget.
- Keep It Simple: A busy pattern or overwhelming design will only make a small space feel smaller. Stick to clean lines and solid colors for a more spacious feel.
- Avoid Heavy Fabrics: Thick curtains or drapes will make a small space window feel even more cramped. So, choose light-weight fabrics that allow natural light to filter through.
- Go Vertical: Small windows often feel lost amidst all the other decorative and functional elements in a room. To draw attention to them, choose tall, vertical treatments like blinds or shades.
By following these tips, you can find window treatments that will complement your small space rather than overwhelm it. With a little bit of planning, you can create a stylish and functional space that feels open and airy.
Tips for Hanging Top 5 Window Treatments on Small Spaces Windows
Here are some useful tips for hanging top 5 window treatments on small spaces window frames.
- Hang Them High: When hanging window treatments on small spaces windows, it is important to hang them high. This will create the illusion of taller windows and make the space feel more open.
- Avoid Heavy or Bulky Window Treatments: It is also important to avoid hanging window treatments that are too heavy or bulky. Instead, opt for light-weight window coverings that won’t overwhelm the space.
- Measuring Window Frame: Finally, be sure to measure the window frame before hanging the window treatments on small spaces windows. This will ensure that the window treatment is the correct size and will fit properly in the space.
Top 5 Window Treatments for Small Spaces Windows
How to Make Small Spaces Look Bigger with 5 Best Window Treatments
When it comes to making small spaces look bigger with the help of 5 best window treatments, there are a few things you can do.
- Choose Light-Colored Fabrics: First, it’s important to choose light-colored fabrics. Light colors reflect more light, which will help make the space feel brighter and more open.
- Avoid Intricate Designs: Second, you should avoid heavy fabrics and intricate designs. Instead, opt for simple, clean-lined curtains or blinds.
- Let Natural Light In: Finally, don’t forget to let in some natural light. Trim back any plants or trees that are blocking the window opening and choose sheer curtains that will allow the Sun’s rays to filter into the room.
By following these DIY tips, you can create the illusion of a larger space and enjoy a bright, airy room.
Lift Options for Top 5 Window Coverings for Small Space Windows
The lift options for top 5 small spaces windows include cord, cordless, motorized, top-down, bottom-up, and smart lift systems.
Installing Coverings on Small Spaces Windows
Installing coverings on small spaces windows requires an easy, DIY process.
- Use a steel measuring tape to measure the window size.
- Fix mounting brackets.
- Hang one of the top 5 window treatments for small spaces windows.
- Check operation by raising, lowering, or adjusting your window treatments.
Cleaning Small Space Window Treatments
Small space window treatment can be cleaned using a soft cloth, vacuum cleaner, and water and detergent (for washing).
The top 5 best window treatments for small spaces windows include mini blinds, Roman shades, roller shades, cellular shades, and sheer curtains.
Choosing the most suitable product from these five options will depend on your personal taste, your room’s interior décor styles, and functional requirements.