Choosing the right window treatments can be a challenge. But it doesn’t have to be.
With Affordable Blinds, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best possible product for your home. Our insulating shades are one of our most popular products—and they come in a wide range of styles to suit any home décor.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through all of the aspects of choosing a window treatment, including how to measure your windows, how much light you want to let in, and what type of material will work best for you.
Insulating window treatments are a great way to help your home stay comfortable, no matter what the weather outside is like. Here’s how they work:
Insulating shades are made up of two layers. The outside layer is made from a material that blocks sunlight, so it keeps your home in the shade and cools during the summer.
The inside layer is made from a material that lets in light but provides insulation, so it keeps your home warm in the winter.
The combination of these two materials makes for an effective insulator—and it also helps block out some noise from outside as well!
So, if you’re looking for a shade that will keep your house cool during the summer months, then consider installing insulating shades on your windows. You’ll appreciate the comfort they provide while saving money on your utility bills!
When Should You Use Insulating Shades?
When should you use insulating shades? You should use them when:
- You want to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- You have large windows that need covering up.
- You live somewhere with extreme temperatures or sunlight throughout most or all of the year (like Alaska or Florida).
- You want privacy on your windows but also want to block out heat and light from outside (like if you’re trying to sleep during the day).
- You want to reduce glare on your computer screen.
- You want privacy from neighbors or passers-by. Insulating shades can help keep people from seeing into your home without blocking out all light from outside sources (for example, street lamps).
- You want to save money on heating and cooling costs.
Insulating Window Treatment FAQs
We get it—insulating window treatments can seem complicated at first. They’re not just any old window treatment, after all. They keep your home cool in the summertime and warm in the winter, which means they’re crucial to comfort and energy savings.
But don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. Here are some of the most common questions we hear about insulating window treatments and how to answer them:
What are the benefits of insulating window treatments?
Insulating window treatments help keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter, saving you money on energy bills and making your home more comfortable. They also help block out light, which can be helpful if you have trouble sleeping due to natural light.
How do I choose an insulating window treatment?
There are a lot of factors that go into choosing a good insulating window treatment. You’ll need to consider things like:
* How much insulation you need (some homes are draftier than others)
* The style of your home and its windows (you may not want curtains or blinds that clash with your decor)
* Your budget (insulating window treatments can be expensive)
How does insulation work?
Insulation works by trapping air between two surfaces. The trapped air acts as a barrier to help prevent heat loss or gain.
What kind of insulation should I use in my windows?
The type of insulation you choose depends on the size of your window and how much insulation you need. The most common types are fiberglass, foam board and rigid foam.
Can I use any window treatment with any type of insulation?
Insulation is not a factor when choosing a window treatment. You can use any type of window treatment with any type of insulation that meets your needs.
How do I know what to buy?
We know that it can be hard to decide on the right window treatment for your home. With so many options out there, it’s hard to know where to begin! Our experts are here to help you find the right solution for your specific needs.