Cellular Room Darkening Shades
People attempt to do room darkening because they want to control the light that enters their room or house. But, it is not easy to totally block the light from entering a room. Equally difficult is to attempt to reduce the light that enters a room. But, cellular room darkening shades may be useful for achieving this.
People attempt to darken their rooms mostly for enabling them to sleep. Especially those who go to work during nights may want to have their sleep during daytime. It might be difficult for them to get sleep when more light is there. Hence, they may wish to control the light that enters the room in which they want to sleep. But, then, this is highly subjective because some people may sleep even if there is broad daylight.
For darkening the room, you should focus on the windows first because sunlight enters the room through windows. Therefore, you should have window sheades for your windows so that you can block sunlight from entering your room. You need not visit one hardware store to another to buy these window shades. Feel free to shop at our online store for suitable window shades. There are several varieties available in window shades, and therefore, by searching on the Internet, you can choose the most appropriate shades that may suit your windows nicely. These shades should match the existing decor of your windows and also the colors of the walls of the room. Otherwise, they will look odd. You can also do window treatments yourself.
One of the window treatments you can do yourself is to hang up quite a heavy curtain for reducing the light that enters the room. An attractive-looking and dark blanket will do the trick. But, some people may not like this because this may be crude and less-than-modern idea. If you are not skilled in interior decoration or if you are not good at carpentry work, it may not be possible for you to do window treatment yourself.
Cellular room darkening shades should match the color of the walls of the room or the sizes of the windows. Room darkening cellular shades of different fabrics. The materials used for making them may be vinyl, wood and metal. They are also available in a variety of colors.
Why install Room Darkening cellular Shades?
There are many reasons to install cellular room darkening shades. They help with energy conservation. They can also help set the mood or improve a room's overall ambience. Everyone can find some use for them.
Their number one purpose is to conserve energy. Cellular or honeycomb shades are good examples. They come in single, double, and triple honeycombs. Energy efficiency increases with the number of honeycombs. The more honeycombs, the greater the energy efficiency. These shades keep your house cool during summer months. While you can choose room darkening fabrics in a variety of colors, the side of the shade facing outside is always white. This keeps the heat outside from coming inside.
Room darkening cordless cellular shades helps you monitor the sunlight entering your house. If you have trouble sleeping or any kind of light sensitivity, these shades will work great for you. They are ideal for migraine sufferers who tend to be overly sensitive to sunlight, streetlights, and moonlight. These shades are the traditional sheet blinds with a straight bottom hem. The cordless lift mechanism allows you to lower and lift the blind as needed.
Cellular shades room darkening helps prevent 100% of natural light from entering a room. This is beneficial for those with allergies. Harsh sun rays can trigger serious allergy outbreaks. Shades reduce dust particles in the air, making them ideal for businesses and homes. Businesses should consider them if they use computers. Shades minimize the level of sunlight in a room, reducing the level of glare on computer screens. This, in turn, reduces eye strain and helps maintain productivity levels throughout the day.
Room ambience is important for your comfort and mood. Each room needs to feel just right. Shades that darken a room help create a cozy environment for you and your loved ones. The feeling of being enclosed in warmth is appealing and gives your rooms a homey feel.
Benefits of Sleep with Room Darkening cellular Shades
Room darkening shades are a great way to darken a room to optimize your quantity and quality of sleep, but if you're a person that feels you don't need that much sleep we will highlight some of the health benefits of sleep. Most people don't understand just how important getting good sleep is for you and your health; here at Phase II we will break it down to you.
We realize that eating proper and watching exactly what we ingest to our bodies is important, but getting enough sleep is also crucial to our well-being, health, and life longevity. Ever notice how after a long nights sleep you wake up feeling re-energized, thoughts seem to be crisper, and your overall mood is just better? Without sufficient sleep, mood, judgment and ability to absorb information are all negatively affected. Over time inadequate sleeping habits may lead to many threatening medical conditions including obesity, heart disease, diabetes and on the extreme sided, even death.
How Much Sleep?
People vary on exactly how much sleep is needed for their bodies but numerous studies have been completed showing on average, how much sleep people need. Refer to the following: Newborns (0-2 months old) 12-18 hours, Infants (3-11 months old) 14-15 Hours, Toddlers (1-3 years old) 12-14 Hours, Pre-schoolers (3-5 years old) 11-13 Hours, School-aged Children (5-10 years old) 10-11 Hours, Teens (11-17 years old) 8-9 Hours, Adults7-9 Hours.
Benefits of Sleep
Did you know that while you are sleeping your body is actually repairing itself? Your system produces extra protein molecules while you're resting that helps bolster your ability to fight infection and also stay healthy. These molecules help your immune system mend your body on a cellular helping fight of harmful bacteria and body pollutants. Made simple, sleep is a weapon that your body uses to fight off harmful pathogens.
Sleep also helps to reduce stress and inflammation on your cardiovascular system as well as keep your cholesterol and blood pressure in check. When we are sleep deprived there is always a noticeable lack of concentration, faces, things we just learned, faces, are all things that may easily be forgotten. When you get enough sleep your brain is ready to take in all the new information that it is being subjected to, thus improving your chances of remembering the day’s events.
Getting the right amount of good sleep is essential to our well-being. Cellular Room darkening shades can help you get that much needed rest, and keep your room as dark as you would like allowing your body, mind, and soul to recuperate.
Reasons to get cellular room darkening shades!
1) Cellular room darkening shades add a crisp, sleek look to your home. The strong, symmetrical lines add a level of sophistication to your decor.
2) Room darkening Cellular shades are incredibly easy to operate. Cellular shades have only one control system that works flawlessly: lift. Since cellular shades control the level of light that enters your room with fabric types, there is no tilt function. If you want more light, raise the blinds. If you want less light, lower the blinds. If you don't want any light at all, order your cellular shades with room darkening fabric that blocks out sunlight altogether.
3) Room darkening Cellular shades are highly customizable! You want to choose between more than PVC or Aluminum blinds? Go cellular! Do you want colors other than black, white, or ivory? Go cellular!
4) Cellular shades are durable and easily maintained. Look, things happen. The kids may be playing rough and tumble into those mini blinds. We all know what happens next - they bend or break and never look the same again. Cellular shades are tough. They are made from fabric, so they cannot "break" like mini blinds. I know what you're thinking - what happens if I spill something on them? No problem. Cleaning cellular blinds is easy! Take them off of the head rail and soak them in a tub with a little detergent and voila! Clean as a whistle and good as new. These things are built to last.
How to Choose Window Treatments
1) The first step is to evaluate the structural design of the window itself. Also, look at the window in the framework of the room and how the room is used. Do you have beautiful windows that you want to show off or do your windows need a little help with some type of window "cover-up"?
2) What is your decorating style? Do you love displaying your collectibles, or do you like a neat, clean surface that's easy to care for? Do you like free-standing furniture or are built-in furnishings more your style? These two questions will help you determine whether you prefer a conventional look or a more contemporary style and will help you coordinate your window treatment with your decorating style. This is a useful home decorating tip to use on a regular basis.
3) Next, spend plenty of time deciding on a fabric. Don't be rushed into making a costly mistake. When making your decision, keep in mind how the material will be used and also the drape of the material. It is best to hold the material the way it will be hanging at the window.
4) Another home decorating tip is to start the selection process with your favorite color instead of being influenced by fashion or by the idea that you simply want something different. Take into consideration how light and the change of seasons affect color. Be daring with accent colors! If you are in doubt of the color for your window treatments, select curtain fabrics that are a little lighter than the color of your walls.
5) Pattern acts in a different way at the window than it does in other places. You will need to consider how it looks when the window treatments are opened and closed, or when the shades are pulled up and let down. Consider the scale of the pattern so it doesn't overwhelm the window or be so subtle it can hardly be seen from a distance.
6) Texture is a good way to bring interest to your window treatments if having pattern at the window is not your style. The use of velvet, silk, lace, damask, or linen as window treatments adds elegance to a pattern-free room.
7) Take home a few swatches of fabric to see how the colors and patterns blend in your room. Go a step further and order a small amount of fabric, for instance, ¼ yard and pin together a miniature window treatment that you place around your window. After a few days of observing the swatches in different light, you are ready to place your order.
Once your window treatments are hanging in place, you will be glad you spent the extra time and effort in selecting them. A home decorating tip to keep in mind is to be creative as well as patient when decorating.
Cellular Room Darkening Shades Gallery
Room darkening shades also provide a measure of safety inside your home. Your shades can be motorized or cordless. The various features of shades make them ideal for any home. Since you coordinate the color of the blinds with you interior décor, they are nice accents in any room. If you don’t use room darkening cellular shades, consider upgrading sooner than later. It’s well worth the investment!